- 1 ½ cups TVP (I use plain but chicken or beef flavor could be used)
- teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons grill seasoning, half a palm full
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves, a handful
- 4 sheets phyllo dough – whole wheat if available
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Place TVP in a bowl and mix with spices and parsley. Add boiling water to cover the TVP and allow it to rehydrate.
Place a piece of phyllo on a large cutting board or work area, with a pastry brush, brush olive oil on it and top with a second sheet.
Divide the TVP mixture in half. Form a 1-inch thick log the length of the long side of the phyllo dough.
Roll the log in phyllo tightly. Cut the TVP filled phyllo into 4 "cigars" and brush with a dab more olive oil. Repeat to make a total of 8 TVP and phyllo roll-ups.